I thought that I would share a plan outline for a small Permaculture project (<1/3 acre/0.1ha)
Simple. Few Species. Clear intent.
- Articulate Goals – Goal Articulation ; Summary Exercise only ; Simple goals. (1-2 hrs)
- Base Mapping. (16 hrs)
- Analyze and Assess Site – Simple, quick, sketchy ; Three bubble diagrams and simple summary ; Existing & desired species analysis. (4-8 hrs)
- Design Concept – A few options. (1-2 hrs)
- Schematic Design – Few options & iterations. Single instant succession to a horizon. (4-8 hrs)
- Detailed Design – Small number of species and guilds. (4-6 hrs)
- Patch Design – Four or five patches of low to moderate complexity, with some repetition. (4-10 hrs)
Total time to spend on planning and design : 4-7 days.
Remember…design is intention.